Sunday, August 06, 2006

The way back home or...Oh my God, the heat!

After spending the night in Santa Fe at the Silver Saddle, we continued our trek west and stopped briefly in Tucumcari, NM
The famous Blue Swallow Motel, Tucumcari, NM. A national historic landmark on the old Route 66

A few places in Tucumcari...



Leaving New Mexico skies...

Arriving in Amarillo for the night Friday, we stopped at another historic landmark, the Golden Light Cafe, possibly the oldest continuously run business on Route 66. They serve up an excellent cheeseburger.

After the cheeseburger, we walked across the street to the Blue Gator run by a former cop and his wife. Nice folks and they happened to have karaoke night that night so we partook of the questionable singing. As a tradition, we both have a dollar bill on the wall from a previous road trip and we signed that days date to update the bill marking our visit this year.

Well, I guess that's about it. I think I've added all the photos and comments I'm going to. You might visit some of the previous posts for I have added some photos to those entries too.

See you down the road...